Week I: Photo Journalism





   

  Week I : Intro to Photojournalism 

January 12, 2024

Hello and welcome to my blog. My name is Tim and I am a first year student at Linn-Benton community college. I have always enjoyed the view from behind a view finder. Candid photography is where I am most comfortable. I like capturing people when they are unaware and just living their lives. 

Photojournalism was suggested to me by my counselor as an area of study that might interest me because I am majoring in cinematography and film/video production. I have always had a love for film photography, but just recently I had the opportunity to work on a film crew for a music festival and fell in love with videography.  Here are a couple of photos from that music festival... 




I would say my 3 goals for this class would be:

1. To gain an understanding/appreciation for digital photography.

2. I would like to learn how to build a story with photographs. 

3. To build more of a connection to my community and hopefully share a few stories along the way.

Here are some photos I took this past week. 

January 12, 2024 - A student waiting to enter their class in the greenhouse
January 12, 2024 - Blake Houser learns about planting succulents at the plant/book exchange. 
January 12, 2024 - A group of veterans gather together and exchange stories in the new Veteran affairs office.

Comments

Popular Posts